Friday, August 3, 2012

Ranger Game

TEXAS RANGERS... LOVE THEM!!!

With that being said, my dad sent me a text message saying he was goign to carry my little brother to the game and asked if I wanted to go.. hmmmmm let me think about that.. DUH!! For starters.. Who wouldnt want to watch/stare/drool at these two fellas:
I know that I dont mind..AT ALL...So Saturday I got to Dads around 1:00 and headed off to the ballgame.. And for those that know Dallas, knows what it entails... Yep you guessed it.. what would Dallas be without..


TRAFFIC.... and I hatttttteeeee TRAFFIC!!! I am one with somewhat borderline patience with most things.. yet Traffic I have NONE!!! and whats worse is I gripe and complain about it, and then I was in a vehicle with my dad and my 8 yr old brother who were also just as impatient as me :) so NOT a good combination..I am also a "passenger driver" and was constantly saying Dad your too close to wall, or dad get over or dad this.. So next time Ill drive.. Well once we got through the traffice we arrived at the ballpark around 2:30 (the gates opened at 5)  so we went to eat at On the Border, to grab some appetizers and hang out a bit before the game...

We should have stayed in there a tad longer.... cause once we got to the ballpark.. it was a heck of a walk to the stadium..
and Cade was looking like he was about to passssss smooth out.. SERIOUSLY.. like Heat Stroke.. His poor face went pink!!! and he kept saying his stomach hurt, and was sweating like crazy.. so I went to pouring water on him, his head, etc trying to cool him off.. Once I got him cooled off I tried to make him sit in the shade, and that was borderline impossible as one.. there was hardly any shade.. and two hes 8.. they dont sit still..  a guy walked buy selling programs/anniversary yearbook.. and so 20.00 later.. He was sitting still in the shade reading..
Once cooled off, and finally in the stadium entrance, he started getting a normal color :) with soaking wet hair, and a bandanna Thanks to Dad saturated in water..  He was so excited to have gotten a Banner to hold..you would have thought that he won the lottery.. He was like "Sissy they are just giving us stuff..
Once in our seats, watching them hit the ball around, we just started cooling off, and Cade decides hes hungry.. So we go trucking up to get some food.. He eats a ballpark hotdog of course..get back to the seats, and Dad has loaded up on cotton candy of all things..
                                      Finally settled in , we began to watch the Rangers..... LoSe..

                                                

After being in the heat and i mean 102 heat.. (thats dedication) we had about enough, and the fact that they were losing, wasnt helping.. annnnd Cade wasnt feeling too swift we decided to go ahead and make our way out of the park, and possibly beat the stampede as well.. But not before stopping to pose with Nolan Ryan..

Finally back out to the truck, all unloaded with all the "free" junk and goodies from the gift shop we headed back to the casa!!! It was a fun evening get away, and Loved spending time with the little bro.. Already planning another trip when my other brother can make it as well.. They say a picture can be worth a thousand words.. so Needless to say I think this picture below sums it all up:

1 comment:

  1. I know it was hot we were camping YUCK! The Rangers are always fun no matter what happens.

    ReplyDelete