Thursday, August 30, 2012

Take a Minute to Think.

So Im on Pinterest this morning and I come across this saying:
and I was kinda taken back.. I'm not one to read things and sit and ponder on them a while, however this caught me off guard.. So often I catch myself saying well if I did this or changed this than maybe I could afford that.. Now, let me start out by saying I had a very fortunate childhood, where pretty much everything I wanted I got.. I wore the name brand clothes, shoes, carried the expensive purses etc..my mom went out of her way to make sure I had it all.. (and still does)  and then came to where I was no longer under mama and daddy's roof.. Money went scarce for a while lol.. and I can often remember times when I blurted out.. Lord if i was just rich, or could marry a rich man I would be set.. (of course I was being sarcastic).. but still the idea was nice.. and as I got older (I'm 30 now :( yikes) I have come to realize that money is so not important.. Yes you need it to survive, but don't need it to be happy.. Being a kid one of your initial questions seeing your parents after a trip to town is "what did you get me" or "if i go can i get something"...Now, not so much, I often feel broke more than feel like I have money, yet I am surrounded by an amazing family, and a handful of best friends.. When most people are down and feel the need to go "shop" and buy things to make them feel better, a simple conversation with my mama, or my best friend makes me feel complete.  Money as I learned cannot buy happiness, it can buy things that make you smile, but soon enough you will get bored with those things as well.. Having a family and close friends that when you see them you light up, and embrace them with a hug.. and catch up over dinner.. or reminisce about good times.. Now that is priceless.. and something even money cant buy.

Next came this quote:
After that, NO EXPLANATION IS NEEDED.

No comments:

Post a Comment